Mini Spinach, Pepper and Cheese Quiches
- 1 tbsp. avocado or olive oil, plus additional for greasing
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup shredded sharp white shredded cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat 12 cups of a muffin tin with oil.
- Heat 1 tbsp. of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and cook, stirring frequently until bell pepper begins to soften. Add spinach and cook until wilted. Transfer mixture to a strainer set over the sink to drain any excess liquid.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the eggs, spinach-bell pepper mixture, cheese, salt and pepper. Pour mixture evenly into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake the muffins for 15 minutes or until the quiches are set. Let the quiches sit in the pan to cool slightly for about 5 minutes.