These granola bars are easy to make and just 5 ingredients. The hardest thing about them is not eating the entire batch yourself!
- 1 cup Pitted Dates
- 1/4 cup All Natural Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup honey (or agave)
- 1 cup Almonds (Chopped )
- 1 1/2 cups Oats
- Process dates in a food processor for about 1 minute. It should be a “dough” like consistency and form a ball.
- Add honey (or agave) and peanut butter to the food processor and pulse until they are mixed with the dates. Will now be a paste like consistency.
- Add almonds and pulse until mixed in.
- Add in oats and any toppings and mix with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Once thoroughly mixed, transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper so they lift out easily.
- Press down firmly until uniformly flattened into a free-form rectangle. I use another piece of parchment paper, to press down firmly, which helps them hold together better.
- Toast your bars in a 350-degree oven for 10-15 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let firm up before cutting into whatever size bars you prefer.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a few days. But trust me, they won’t last that long.
Optional additions: chocolate chips, dried fruit, nuts, banana chips, vanilla, etc.