Ramp up Your Exposure: Get Expert Status Fast
Inaction is the death of any business. Without taking regular action every single day to grow your business, inaction will cause your business to become stagnant. Clients will disappear, your sales funnel will be empty, and your revenue will dip to zero in a heartbeat.
Let’s avoid this scenario!
One way to have a larger impact with your online marketing efforts is to ramp up your exposure. Exposure means that more people start to get to know you as an expert. You have seen it happen on TV when a new show is coming – teasers, sneak peeks and little bits of information come out about the show. Becoming known as an expert in your niche is a lot like that. A little sneak peak at a time will go far in pushing you toward expert status. It’s a fabulous way to make a big impact quickly. People listen to experts, sign up for their lists, and wait with bated breath for their next offering.
Some ways to start getting more exposure are:
- Blog More – There are probably more places that you can submit blogs than just your own site. Linkedin.com offers some people the chance to become publishers, and there may be other opportunities within groups that you are taking part. Take every chance you have to get your information out as the expert with your byline whether it’s online or offline.
- Guest Blogging – Mentioned above, but a little different. Find blogs that deal with your audience but are not competition that have a higher ranking than your blog (or the same). Send information to them offering to guest blog for free once a month with an original article in exchange for a byline with a link.
- Publishing a Book – Today, it’s easier than ever to become published now that Amazon offers Kindle Direct Publishing. You can sell your book, or offer it for free to help get the word out about your business and expertise.
- Joint Ventures — A JV with someone who offers complementary products and services to the same audience you cater to is a wonderful way to spread the word about your products and services. You both can use each other’s resources and skills to make something completely new and awesome for your audience.
- Speaking Engagements – It might be out of your comfort zone but speaking either online at webinars or at in person events is a great way to become known as an expert in your area. The more you can speak about what you know the better.
- Interviews – Not only should you interview other experts for your own podcast or blog, you should agree to be interviewed as often as possible to get your message out to your audience. The more ways you’re presented as “the expert” the more your audience will see you as the expert.
- Social Media – Promote everything you do via social media and ask your audience to like, share, follow and engage with you on social media. Answer questions people have, and stay on top of issues that arise.
Participating in these activities and anything else that you can think of that will ramp up your exposure will help you gain expert status a lot faster than if you did nothing. Be sure to take your time with each addition to your roster. You want to give each new venture plenty of time to work before adding more to your schedule.
At its core, marketing is nothing more than a repeatable, systemized series of actions. Learn what they are, implement their use in your business, and watch you as a successful business women and your business grow.
If you’re struggling, it’s only because you have not yet figured out how the pieces all fit together. I’ll show you exactly what works, and save you a lot of time, stress, and wasted efforts along the way in my Supercharge Your Marketing for Less Stress, More Clients and More Cash in Just 4 Weeks Course.
Whether things are progressing well in your business or not, you DO need a solid marketing plan. It’s simply something you cannot afford to ignore, because if you do, sooner or later you’ll find profits are falling and sales are slowing down. By then, it’s often too late. Don’t let your business fall victim to a lack of strategic marketing when it’s this easy to build a plan that continues to work month after month and year after year.