I am a total appetizer, cheese and cracker kind of person, but as you can imagine, you can’t indulge in such things very often. So in my quest to find a truly health replacement for the cracker I came up these little beauties, Rosemary #Cauliflower Cheese Crisps. Sort of reminiscent of the crispy edges to cauliflower pizza crust with a rosemary twist. Maybe not completely quilt free but I’m getting closer.
This is just one of the many delicious and healthy recipes that you will find in Weekly Menu Plans in Your Inbox. Each week you’ll receive 5 entree recipes, a combo of 5 breakfast, lunch, snack and dessert recipes, plus a ready made shopping list to make staying healthy a breeze!
My only complaint and I use that term loosely, is that they don’t stay crisp if you so happen to have any leftovers. Still delicious, but just a little softer. My solution is not to have any leftovers! So the next time you’re trying to think of a quick and easy appetizer, but one that will still impress your friends, I hope you try these Rosemary Cauliflower Cheese Crisps. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.
- 1 cup cauliflower, minced
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp rosemary, minced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- a pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a food processor, mince/chop 1 small head of cauliflower. You'll definitely have more than 1 cup in the end, but save and make cauliflower "fried" rice or cauliflower soup with the leftovers.
- Combine cauliflower, cheese, rosemary, garlic powder and salt and pepper.
- Spread mixture evenly on a parchment lined cookie sheet in a thin layer. Shape into a rectangle, making sure there are no "holes".
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until the edges become brown. Remove from the oven. Using a pizza cutter, cut into small squares.
- Return to oven and broil for an additional 3 minutes to crisp up the top. Remove and serve immediately for the crispest texture. However, they are delicious no matter what!