Forget the store bought stuff. This Traditional Hummus recipe couldn’t be any easier! And since the whole point of clean eating is to eliminate as much processed food as possible, why not make you own hummus. It only takes a few minutes to whip up and can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups chickpeas
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water, plus more to thin
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for serving
- In a food processor, pulse garlic until finely chopped. Add remaining ingredients except the olive oil, blend until creamy, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- If too thick, add water a tablespoon at a time until desired consistency.
- To serve, swirl into a shallow bowl, drizzle with olive oil.
Serve with chopped veggies, pita chips, or warm flat bread. Get creative and experiment by topping with roasted red bell pepper spread or spicy garlic sauce.